I realized the a little while ago that my little corner of the internet was expanding! I thought it might be interesting to share some information about me that most probably don’t know.
I’m always interested to know who a person is “behind the scenes” so to speak of what I’m seeing and thought maybe you guys would be, too.
A little background. I am a proud New Yorker living in Colorado with my husband, 2 dogs, and soon a baby! I love documenting life with video, photographs, and/or writing (hence this blog). My hands-down favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love purging and minimizing stuff–clothes, books, accessories, etc.–but love buying in bulk. I usually only cut my hair 2 (maybe 3) times a year. As you can probably tell from the blog, I am a hyper-organized, Type-A busy body!
Here are the 5 things that you might not know about me!
- I love a busy Saturday. If I could pack every Saturday chock-full of errands, chores, and activities, I would! Grocery shopping, home maintenance, outdoor (or indoor) activities, visiting with people, ANYTHING. You name it, I’d toss it ALL into a Saturday.
- While my husband was in the military (and transitioning out), we moved a million times and I LOVED it! In reality, we moved 6 times in 4.5 years, twice within Colorado and Georgia. While some areas and rentals had some less than desirable qualities, I would go back and do it all again. We’ve lived on post, just off post, and in civilian neighborhoods; my favorite (aside from the house we just bought) was our on-post rental in Texas.
- My top 3 travel spots that I want to visit are Ireland, Italy, and Greece. While seeing the tourist spots would be nice, I’d much rather pick a small town or city in each and hang out for a week. I want to visit where the locals eat, drink, and are entertained. Shop where they shop. Just quietly explore.
- Sitting still drives me crazy. As you may have gathered from the first point, I like to keep busy. Most of the time, it is so hard for me to sit still and relax, as my mind will work double time making lists or creating tasks to do. It’s been so difficult, in fact, that before going on bed rest I would schedule Sunday as a relaxation/home day. Even on vacations, I much prefer to be on the move.
- I love a good cold, rainy/stormy day. Really it could be rain, thunderstorms, snow, sleet, anything gloomy. I will still do in-house tasks, but the non-sunny weather makes for an easier time staying relaxed (or maybe just sleepy). A cup of cocoa, warm comfort food, a book or tv show, a nap(!), comfy clothing…It sounds like a fantastic day!
What is one thought that you have when watching/meeting/talking to someone? Or am I the only über-curious one?